DHL Preferred Delivery Services (at home + locations)
To configure your DHL Preferred Delivery Services (at home + locations) go to the configuration site of your app (Apps / DHL Shopify Integration) and activate Location search.
As soon as you activate the DHL Preferred Delivery Services (at home + locations) several setting options will appear.
- Google Maps API Key: Enter your Google Maps API Key.
The Google Maps API Key is required to make your Location Search usable.
If you want to find out how to get your Google Maps API Key, click the link next to the title.
NOTE: It can take a couple of seconds until the connection is established. Please wait until the processing (orange) status switches back to synched (green).
- Show Preferred Day: This option allows your customer to chose a preferred day within the next five days on which the package should be delivered.
As soon as you activate the “Show Preferred Day” option you will be asked to enter a Cut-off Time. The Cut-off Time is the latest possible order time up to which the minimum preferred day (day of order + 2 days) can be guaranteed. As soon as the time is exceeded, the earliest preferred day displayed in the frontend will be shifted to one day later (day of order + 3 days).
- Show Preferred Time: This option allows your customer to chose a preferred time of day at which the package should be delivered. The options that are available are: none, 18-20, 19-21
NOTE: In addition the DHL Shopify Integration adds automatically two products to your shop: Service Preferred Day and Service Preferred Time. These products allow you to set the price for the additional service of choosing a preferred day and time of the delivery.
The newly created products will be mapped autoamtically.
If you want to change the price of the additional services, click the number next to ”Mapped to product variant” and you will be forwarded to the product page. Consider that only changing the price for this product makes any sense. All the other product settings can be ignored for those tho service products.
Show Preferred Location: This option allows your customer to set a preferred location the package should be delivered to (garage, foyer, etc.).
Show Preferred Neighbour: This option allows your customer to set a preferred neighbours address the package should be delivered to if your customer is not at home.
In order to be able to use your location search, you need to edit some of the admin settings for your shop.
- Go to the settings page of your shop
Change the following settings:
Company name: optional
Disable “Use the shipping address as the billing address by default”
Don’t forget to save your changes:
To configure your DHL Shipping go to the configuration site of your app (Apps / DHL Shopify Integration) and activate DHL Shipping.
As soon as you activate the DHL Shipping you will need to fill in several general settings. All of those details you should receive from DHL.
- DHL Username (= User from business-customer portal)
- DHL Password (= password from business-customer portal)
- DHL EKP Number
- Participations: Within the participations you need to map the services that DHL provides you with with the Participation number. The Participation number = the last two characters of the accounting number for the referring product.
- Default for Visual Check of Age: This setting gives you the possibility to force a visual check on the age you have chosen.
Cash on Delivery
- CoD / Manual Payment Name in Shopify: For the CoD function you first of all need a corresponding Manual Payment Method in Shopify. Follow the link provided next to this setting, to create or check the corresponding Payment Method. Be sure to use exaclty the same name for the Manual Payment Method in the Shipping settings for CoD.
- Add DHL CoD fee to the CoD account in DHL App call: This setting adds the fee that DHL demands for this service to the order price.
- Bank data: In order to be able to use the CoD funtion you need to provide bank informations for the account where the cash will be transferred to.
We recommend to not offer the payment methods „Payment in Advance“ and „Cash on Delivery“ in combination with the preferred delivery options as e.g. the preferred location can not be fulfilled in case CoD is booked.
In order to use the Shipping options of your DHL Shopify Integration you need to edit a couple of admin settings for your shop.
- Go to the settings page of your shop
- Chose “Payment”
- Go to the section “Manual payments” and chose “Create custom payment manual” from the drop down
- Enter the name of the custom payment method.
NOTE: this has to be the same that you enter in the Shipping part of your DHL Shopify Integration app.